It’s hard to find someone who is indifferent to coffee. A fragrant beverage helps to stimulate, activates the metabolism in the body, increases brain function and strengthens. If you drink a cup of coffee regularly, you can significantly improve performance and make decisions easier. However, you can only get all the benefits if you choose the right grain for your medicine. We’re talking about this today.
What are the types of coffee
Cereals have no practical aromatic odor. The final drink is a bit bitter, similar to this variety. Robusta is much more than caffeine. However, if you only prepare the drug from these grains, it will prove to be strong but not very fragrant.
Arabica. Today, Arabica is cultivated everywhere, with 85-90% of the crops being given. The same percentage of the variety is in blends (in a mixture of coffee beans). Appearance is characterized by a rich coffee aroma. The final drink comes with an acid, the person can enjoy the aftertaste. Arabica is not a very strong variety, it has less caffeine than Robusta. This type of grain is appreciated by gourmets who understand the subtleties of taste and aroma.
Liberica’s most popular varieties are inexpensive. It belongs to the category of the least useful products. Liberia is often used by unscrupulous coffee bean manufacturers. The variety is combined with Arabica and Robusta, which produces low-quality raw materials at a relatively low price.
These types of coffee beans require compliance with certain weather conditions, so it makes sense to separate them regionally. The grain product can be Asian, African, American.
When we talk about leading countries in cereal production, we distinguish between Guatemala, Brazil, Colombia, India, Costa Rica, Venezuela, Kenya. All varieties have different colors, flavors, taste.
What are coffee blends (combinations)
So far, more than 88 coffee varieties are known, three of which are the most popular – Robusta, Arabica, Liberica. They are based on the fact that they produce mixtures – mixtures of several varieties, presented in an unequal manner. Here, too, the final taste of the drink varies.
Arabica 100%. So far, pure Arabica is in the lead. Purchase options are considered the easiest and win-win. Of course, you use a lot of value, but you are not wrestling with other available varieties. A beverage based on such a grain proves to be very fragrant, and the aftertaste is a different acid. The difficulty is that Arabica is often made of the same variety, but grains are taken from different countries. Here the coffee taste is different. In fact, it doesn’t matter. Most importantly, Arabica should be diluted with Robusta or Liberica without mentioning it on the label.
Arabica / Robusta (ratio 90/10). Such a mix is the most popular among both amateurs and professionals. Adding Robusta to Arabica allows you to reduce the cost of coffee and drink bitterness. This option is suitable for people who “don’t understand” sour coffee. In coffee houses, the Arabica / Robusta mixture is often used at 90/10 percent. The granule mixture is used to make everyone’s favorite espresso, latte, cappuccino, etc. Since Robusta contains more caffeine, the strength of the drink rises.
Arabica / Robusta (ratio 80/20). If you like coffee without sour signs, this mix is for you. Arriving 20% of Robusta grains makes the drink strong and refreshing, so it’s better to drink it with sugar. Especially those who make coffee-containing drinks with milk, cream and other fillers appreciate the transformation. You certainly do not feel the difference, but you save a lot. It is better to dilute the drink with milk in order to neutralize the characteristic bitterness of the robustness.
Arabica / Robusta (ratio 70/30). Nowadays, this mixed coffee is considered to be the most affordable but in demand. Fast food restaurants use those who want to treat their customers with natural coffee. If you decide to buy a blend in your home brewery, make sure there are no impurities. Only Robusta and Arabica grains must be present in the package.
Arabica / Robusta / Liberica. Unlike other coffees, Liberica is considered to be the most fragrant. This combination is extremely rare, but it is claimed by the doctoral candidates. It is important to find the percentage of cereal varieties that Liberia receives a small amount (about 5-10%). The trio is much cheaper than arabica and robusta.
How to choose coffee beans
After you have studied the varieties of coffee beans and the existing mixtures based on them, you should take a responsible approach to choose the product. You know for sure what you want. We only send the buyer the right direction, which encourages attention.
- Try to buy coffee in a box with a transparent window. Before paying, make sure that the grains are perfect, the packs are free of chips and dust. High-quality raw materials have a dense shell and no cracks on the surface.
- Choose coffee with granules of the same size if you buy 100% Arabic. In the case of other variants and mixtures, small deviations in shape and size are allowed.
- If you have the opportunity to buy and touch grains, take one and try to get into the core. Suitable for cooking by copying easily, the grain’s inner surface is hard and dry.
- It is important to understand the taste of the shared element. It is pleasant, without signs of persistence. Never buy coffee beans if they are too soft.
- In supermarkets and specialty stores, coffee is released in a multilayer foil package. With this option, you can preserve the freshness and freshness of grains to help you get a quality drink.
- Film packaging does not care for ultraviolet rays, which is very important for coffee beans. The microclimate is also maintained in the package (moisture level, air circulation, etc.).
- Good packaging includes a vent valve, whereby raw materials are successfully stored in warehouses. And you can feel the pleasant scent of granules, which is distributed from the package.
- If the choice is with loose coffee, it is packed in paper bags lined with polyethylene from the inside. This pack allows you to store the grain for a long time (about 5 to 10 days).
As you know, coffee can already be prepared in the soil. In this case, it is important to pay attention to grinding.
- Large particles about 0.75 mm. suitable for cooking in the French press. In this case, the procedure takes 6-8 minutes.
- Medium powdered seeds are considered universal regardless of cooking. Brewing time is 4-5 minutes.
- Small particles are suitable for geyser coffee machines with a built-in filter. This coffee drink was prepared for 2-3 minutes.
- The grain grinder also has another class – very fine. The ground composition gives you the opportunity to make a drink c THANKS, a French press, a coffee maker and a coffee maker.
THE DEGREE OF TOAST
Even if you collect coffee beans from one bush, the taste of the final drink varies according to the degree of roasting.
- Lightweight heat treatment allows raw materials to keep the beige color slightly shade in the gold. At the same time, the beverage becomes “watery” and its share of the acidic portion.
- Roasting medium gives the product shade of milk, improves the taste. Long-term heating at high temperatures enables the removal of bitterness in the presence. Such package processing is listed as “American”.
- Strong roasting makes the grains dark, brings esters to the surface, improves flavor and taste.
- Also Vienna’s heat treatment – toasting between medium and maximum. It reveals the bitterness of the grains but tries to improve the taste.
Modern coffee bean manufacturers are trying to name their products loudly. But despite the name, the raw material base is made from the fruit of the coffee cup. It is a plant variety, not a marketing strategy that determines the quality of a product.